Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Polar Express and A Family Tradition


Today Bryson had pajama day @ school where they got to watch the Polar Express and drink milk and cookies. I can't believe this is the second day in a row he has let me take his picture.

I say this a lot, but there are days where I wish I could go with him to school and take pictures and see how he acts with the other kids. Would it be crazy of me to ask his teachers to take a picture of him on the days he's at school? Ha!

Tonight when I got up I headed up to Clay's grandparents house for the annual candy cooking. This tradition has been going on for years. I've been going since Clay and I started dating, so I guess about 8 years. It's one of my favorite traditions. Some of the women in Clay's family come over to his grandparents house and we make TONS of sweet treats for our families.


There are so many recipes we use. My MIL had a great idea for next year. She suggested that we make a book of all the recipes and make copies so each family will have their own. I think this is a wonderful idea! We are always trying to find the right recipe we used from the previous year and having the book would make it easier.


Here is my MIL making her famous peanut butter fudge. Y'all this is one of my favorite treats. And I eat a TON of it! Probably because we only have it around Christmas time. Clay called me while I was there to make sure I brought him home plenty. Ha!


Gigi and Nicki rolling peanut butter balls. These are another one of Clay's favorites. After they refrigerate for a while they get dipped in chocolate. Sometimes they are known as "Buckeye Balls."


Here they are getting ready to be put in the fridge. We had to make 2 batches of these.


Now I could eat my weight in these delicious little bites. Graham cracker pralines. We make some with pecans and some without.


You can't make sweets without making some rice krispie treats


Peanut butter crackers waiting to get dipped in white and milk chocolate. These are another one of mine and Clay's favorites. He likes the milk chocolate and I prefer the white.


This little guy decided he wanted to taste test the rice krispie treats to make sure Aunt Sherry did a good job :)

We had such a great time tonight! I hope to continue this special tradition with my boys when they get older.

1 comment :

  1. he is so cute and SO BIG! I am thoroughly confused tho..were we not friends on facebook at some point? why can't I find you? I'm so upset I didn't know about your new baby boy being on the way! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...