Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Deck the Halls

I'm a little late getting my post up of my Christmas decor. Better late than never. Ha!

I love decorating for Christmas! I love listening to Christmas music while putting up the tree and enjoying the excitement that this time of year brings. Bryson is just starting to understand what Christmas is about and I love seeing his face light up every morning when he sees the tree in our living room. Christmas through the eyes of a child is so precious!

I didn't do very much decorating this year as I have in past years. Probably because I'm 5 months pregnant and have a toddler who takes up a lot of my time :) I did however add a few new touches thanks to pinterest.


This is our tree in the living room. The primary colors are red, green and white. Next year I want to buy some ribbon to use as a filler. And I also need to get rid of that tree skirt. I haven't found one I like, so I've just been using our old one.


These are just a few of my favorite ornaments. The two on the ends are the ones Bryson made this year. He had so much painting these. And I love the santa. I bought him at a local shop in town last year.


These are Bryson's ornaments from his first two Christmases. His first year ornament doesn't go so well with the red, white and green, but it's the meaning of it and it will always have a place on our tree :)


The Santa on the top I bought at the gift store from work. I wished I would have bought more than one. He's been on our tree for 3 years! The Mickey and Minnie ornament I bought the year Clay and I got married at Disney World. I consider it our first ornament as a married couple.


Our stockings. My friend Mary was so sweet to make these for us last year. I just love them!! I can't believe we'll have four up there next year!!!


This chalkboard is in the kitchen. I love changing up the sayings.


These are the burlap rosettes that I made thanks to pinterest. It took me one or two tries to figure out how I wanted them. I wished I would have made them a little small though. But they add a touch of Christmas to the kitchen.


This is a close up.


I went back and forth about where I wanted to display our Christmas cards this year. So I decided the side of the refrigerator would be the best place. I really need to order one of those Willow House Card Holders. I've also seen a lot of people displaying their cards on small Christmas trees. That is such a cute idea!


I put up our Nativity set in Bryson's room this year. I bought this from Hobby Lobby several years ago and love it. But I'm hoping to get something more kid friendly for next year. Erin tweeted about this adorable Whimzy Plush Nativity Set. This set is the smaller one. If you check out the website you can also find a larger one.


At the last minute I ordered a Reindeer Pillow from Meredith. I put it in Bryson's room in his rocking chair. It matches perfectly. I wished I would have ordered more.


And of courses I couldn't do a post without sneaking in a picture of my sweet little boy!

Praying you and your family have a Very Merry Christmas!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...