Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve

I was lucky to get off work on Friday night so I could enjoy all the festivities on Christmas Eve. I stayed up late Friday night helping "Santa" put together some of Bryson's toys. And did some last minute gift wrapping. Christmas Eve is usually the busiest day for our family. We wake up and get ready to head over to Clay's grandmother's house for breakfast and exchange gifts and play dirty santa. This is one of my favorite traditions with Clay's mom's family. I'm a BIG breakfast eater and the food we have is so delicious. I hope this is a tradition we can carry on with our boys in the future.


Bryson and Nikki in his "play room." I think he was trying to show and tell Nikki what she needed to color. They are best buddies! Bryson loves her very much.

I didn't get any food pictures this year. But I can report that it was one of the best we've had. Biscuits, gravy, bacon, hashbrown casserole (that I've got to learn how to make. Haley has the best recipe), orange rolls, and a ton more. I was glad I had a reason to go back for seconds and thirds. Ha!

After breakfast we let Bryant and Bryson open their presents. Y'all I have never seen so much stuff in all my life. These boys are spoiled rotten! At one point I looked over at Clay and told him I don't know why Santa was visiting our house.


He got Cars and Toy Story toys. As soon as he'd finish opening one gift they would hand him another.


Our family. Sorry the lighting is bad. I've been trying to play with my camera and I didn't have it set on the right mode. I can't believe next year we will have another addition!


This was the only picture I could get of Bryant. He was so busy playing and enjoying all his new toys.


I guess the box was more fun to play with :)


After exchanging gifts and playing dirty santa, Clay's mom comes over to our house and we exchange gifts with her. This year she bought Bryson a Hot Wheels bike. When she brought it in he said "Wow, momma, Wow da-da. Look at this!" That's his favorite saying right now.


Clay was trying to show him how to use the pedals. I think he'll get the hang of it pretty soon.

After Mimi left I got Bryson down for a very quick nap and then we headed to church for our Christmas Eve service. This was our first year to go and it was Bryson's first time in "Big" church since he was a baby. The service was wonderful and Bryson was the best! This is another one of the many traditions I hope we can continue as a family. Can y'all tell how much I love traditions? I just think they are so special and a fun way to teach your kids.

The service last about an hour then we were off to Clay's Aunt and Uncle's house on his step-mom's side. They are only 5 minutes away from where we live so we didn't have a lot of traveling to do.


Bryson was fascinated by this Fiber Optic Gingerbread Train Aunt Bebe got from Cracker Barrel. I spent all day calling and going by the different Cracker Barrel's around town trying to find one. It must have been popular because everyone was sold out. Maybe they'll have something similar next Christmas.


Pawpaw and Bryson


Bryson and Owen. They are having such a good time together with one another. We went through a little spell where Bryson wasn't interested in Owen. But they are playing so well together now! Aunt Erica and Bryson playing with on the race car track. Angie, Aunt Jessica and Aunt Erica. All three such beautiful girls. Daddy found Uncle Jimmy's guitar downstairs and started playing a little (he hasn't played in years, but you couldn't tell). Looks like mommy might be buying daddy a guitar soon!


Bryson was excited to open more presents again that night! Aunt Bebe and Uncle Jimmy got him this cute Auburn Tiger toboggan and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse bowling ball set. And Aunt Vanessa got him a Cars race car.

Christmas Eve was busy like always, but we had so much fun getting together with our families. Of course we had a hard time getting Bryson to bed. What two year old do you know that would want to go to sleep after the day he had. Ha!

This is my most favorite time of year!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...