Saturday, December 24, 2011

Away In A Manger


Away in a manger, no crib for a bed,
The little Lord Jesus laid down his sweet head.


The stars in the bright sky looked down where he lay,
The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay.


The cattle are lowing, the baby awakes,
But little Lord Jesus no crying he makes.


I love thee, Lord Jesus. Look down from the sky,
And stay by my side until morning is nigh.


Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay.
Close by me forever, and love me I pray.

Bless all the dear children, in thy tender care.
And take them to heaven, to be with thee there.


The entire month of December Bryson has requested "Away In A Manger" before he goes to bed. There have been several times where he has tried to sing the words with me. I LOVE that he wants to sing songs about Jesus. I can't wait to teach him more about our Savior and the love he has for each one of us.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: "Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!" Luke 2: 13-14

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...