Thursday, January 5, 2012

Projects for 2012

There are several projects that I've seen on pinterest and while reading other blogs that I want to try this year. But with the birth of our son in the coming months I didn't want to overload myself, so I thought one project a month sounded doable. Some of these projects might take me a little longer than a month, but I hope to get many of them completed before the end of 2012. Here are just a few I hope to accomplish...

  • Project 365 - I've been wanting to do Project 365 for a while. Since I don't do monthly posts on Bryson I thought this would be a fun way to document our lives during the week. I know this project is for the ENTIRE year and I hope that I can say at the end of 2012 that I completed it! Sarah over at Life {Sweet} Life posted about where she gets some of her designs for Project 365. My parents got me the Bamboo Capture for Christmas and it came with Photoshop Element, so I'm uber excited about using some of the templates for this project that Sarah posted!
  • Freezer Meals - Since we will be adding a  new addition to our family very soon, I want to designate a month to making freezer meals so that we will be stocked up when baby #2 arrives. With a toddler around the house and I'm sure ALOT of late nighters, I know I'm not going to want to be in the kitchen all evening. I have found several websites from pinterest that tells you all the DIY on freezing meals.
  • Taking Better Pictures - I've had my DSLR for almost two years and haven't gotten up the nerve to shoot in manual mode. For some strange reason it scares me to death to try. But this year I'm determined to learn!
  • Memorizing Scripture w/Bryson - This was something else I found on pinterest and I can't wait to start doing this with Bryson. I know he's no where near the age to memorize, but I want to start teaching him about scripture and how important it is to know for everyday life.
  • Love You Because Message Board - Sarah blogged about this message board she found on pinterest and created some cute FREE printables.
  • Family Framed Handprints - I thought this would be adorable to hang up in our bedroom and it looks fairly simple (that's if I can get Bryson to sit down long enough to trace his hand)

  • Handprints & Footprints - can y'all tell I'm slightly obsessed with hand and footprints? I think this would be so sweet to have in baby #2's nursery.  

  • Reading Wall - we are in the process of turning Bryson's room into a BIG BOY ROOM! I've completed part of this project that I blogged about here. There are just a few more finishing touches to add, then his room should be complete. I can't wait for that post!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...