Thursday, January 26, 2012

Baby #2 Update

Yesterday I had my monthly OB appointment. I had been dreading this visit for the last 3 weeks. I found out a few days after my last visit that my liver enzymes are starting to increase. I mentioned a few posts back that this same thing happened when I was pregnant with Bryson and they got so elevated we had to deliver 4 weeks early due to early stages of HELLP Syndrome and Pre-eclampsia. Ever since I found out about being pregnant with Jaxon Clay and I have been praying that we would not have to go through all of that again. My OB told us that she could not guarantee that I would make it to 36 weeks with my next pregnancy. That has been in the back of my mind these last 6 months. So when I got the call 3 weeks ago about them being elevated all my fears came back. And on top of that I have started having 3-5 contractions a day for the last week and a half along with some cramping (and that's after taking my meds).

Of course Tuesday night I couldn't sleep a wink. I was trying to make sure I remembered all the questions I needed to ask Dr. H and praying that everything would be okay. When I got to the office I had to start the dreaded Glucose test. Surely someone could invent a better drink than that nasty orange stuff. And drinking it on an empty stomach is even worse!!

Me and Jaxon waiting to see Dr. H

After I finished the test I went in to see Dr. H. We talked about my enzyme levels, the contractions and a some other concerns she and I have. She thought it would be a good idea to do the Fetal fibronectin test to check my risk for preterm delivery. I also had blood work drawn to check my liver enzymes and just for safe measure had an ultrasound of my liver to make sure it looks good. Jaxon's heartbeat was good, 158 and I'm measuring great! She also checked my cervix and PRAISE the Lord I'm closed and high!!! She also thought it would be a good idea for me to take a day off in the middle of my work week which I think will be another blessing and I promised her that I would do better at resting on my week off and let Bryson stay with my parents and Clay's grandparents a couple of days during the week so I can get some rest.

By the time I finished everything I was at the doctor for over 3 hours. And when I left I was starving. Ha!!! So I thought I would treat myself to Momma Goldberg's and a little retail therapy.

My favorite sandwich, Momma's Love with the Momma's Nachos and a cherry coke :)

I also stopped in one of the local baby shops next door and picked up a few things for Bryson and Jaxon. Did my grocery shopping for the next two weeks and then came home and crashed. I updated Clay on everything that had happened since he isn't able to go with me to my appointments and we are just praying everything turns out okay.

Late yesterday afternoon I got a call from the lab and one of our prayers had been answered. My fetal fibronectin test came back NEGATIVE!!! Now we are just awaiting the results of my liver enzymes, glucose test and liver ultrasound.

Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

1 comment :

  1. Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!

    Will be praying the rest of the pregnancy with sweet Jaxson is smooth and that you are able to get rest!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...