Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gonna Give it a Whirl


Those of you that don't know me personally or do not follow me on pinterest probably have no idea that I am obsessed with everything photography. A BIG thanks to my dad for this obsession! Ha! With the birth of our second child on the way, I've been going back and forth about having maternity and newborn pictures done professionally. The big factor in all of this is of course $$$. Which is something we are lacking at this time with the hubby in school. And I need to be mindful of what we can/should spend our extra dollars on.

So yesterday I casually mentioned to my mom about taking my own maternity and newborn pictures. To which she replied "Oh yes, I think we can do that. If I can sew the bedding for Jaxon's nursery, then we can take these pictures!" And thus began my search on the internet for taking good newborn pictures.

After researching off and on last night I really think this is something my mom and I can tackle. I found some great websites with some very good tips and suggestions that I think will help. My mom and I both have good DSLR cameras (mine is a Canon EOS XSi and my mom has a Nikon) and I still have a few more months to get more familiar with my camera and learn a few more tricks.

I will tell y'all that I'm extremely nervous about doing this. I have high expectations when it comes to photography (which is a fault of mine I know). I'm nervous that I won't do a good job and then years down the road I'll regret not having them done professionally. Especially knowing that this is probably our last baby :(

Pictures are priceless and capture so much in a small amount of time. Years down the road I want to look back and remember every detail of that moment. I don't want to have ANY regrets! Because when your babies grow up, move away, get married, and have families of their own all you have are those pictures to help you remember those special moments that we sometimes forget about.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...