Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our 4th of July

July 4th is probably one of my most favorite holidays. I love the food, the colors, the celebration of our great country; it's just a fun holiday without all the stress!


When I got home from work this morning I put the boys in their matching outfits and took a few pictures. I believe this is their very first time matching. And I have to say I LOVE IT!!! Something I will have to do more often. :)

Clay took the boys over to his dad and step-mom's house while I stayed at home and slept. I ended up calling Clay around 5:30pm to come and pick me up so I could spend some time with the family.

My in-laws were so sweet to have saved me some dinner. We had steaks, baked potatoes, fried squash (which was A-MA-ZING!), and salad. Then for the finale we had home made milky way ice cream. Yummy!! 

Of course the men played horse shoes. What else would they be doing!?!

Bryson wanted to get back in the pool, so baby brother and I hung out watching him play and have a good time.

Mamma's sweet angel. I could just pinch those cheeks.

Pawpaw and Nana playing with the beach ball.

Overall we had a pretty low key 4th. We didn't get to take the boys to see the fireworks since both were out by 7:30. But I know we'll have many more years to take them.

I hope you and your family had a wonderful day celebrating our nation's independence! Happy 4th of July!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...