Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Jaxon Update

I went in for my 34 week appointment this morning. I was hoping to get a good report and maybe hear from Dr. H that I could go back to work within the next week. Of course when I got to the office I started cramping and having some mild contractions (it's been a few days since I'd had any). When I got back to the room my blood pressure was elevated. I got to hear Jaxon's heartbeat and it was good, 153. Dr. H came in and checked me. She told me I was still 1cm dilated, 70% effaced and his head is down. So what does all of that mean.... no going back to work. If I can hold out until 37 weeks, Dr. H told me she would be fine with me going back then. She said she would let me come back at 36 weeks, but like me she feels like I would more than likely deliver and then we run the risk of Jaxon being in the NICU like Bryson was. Clay and I talked later that afternoon and said that we would rather me stay off from work and hope I can hold out until 37 weeks than run the risk of going back and Jaxon being put in NICU.

After my appointment Dr. H sent me down to L&D to be monitored and have some blood work drawn for PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension). Once the nurse hooked me up to the monitors I was contracting like crazy. She gave me a dose of brethine to help stop the contractions. An hour later I was still having contractions so they gave me another dose of the brethine. And can I just state for the record how much I HATE brethine. Talk about wanting to come out of your skin and feeling so jittery.

Here I am just hanging out watching the monitor :)

Dr. H came in to see me after my second dose of brethine and told me I was really contracting this time (not like last time where I was having uterine irritability). I asked her what she thought in terms of how long I could make it. She's hopeful that I will make it to 37-38 weeks, but she's not 100% sure. She did say that she couldn't rule out that I wouldn't be back in the hospital before then to try and stop the contractions.  She told me it was okay for me to be discharged home and to take it easy and see her back next week.

The nurse asked me if I wanted to be checked one more time before I went home and I told her I thought I was okay. Well, right then I started having another contraction so she thought it would be best to go ahead and check me to be safe. I was still 1cm and 70% effaced and she told me she could feel his head. CRAZY!!! She told me that if I had more than 5-6 contractions in an hour to call the doctor. Drink plenty of water and try my best to stay off my feet.

I have much faith that I can make it to the 37 mark!! I have been so lucky to have family that have been able to keep Bryson so that I could rest and not have to worry about him. I honestly have no idea what I would do without them.

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. Psalm 28:7


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...