Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Story of Us: Link Up from Mrs. to Mama!

I noticed on twitter last week that several girls were linking up their "Love Story." It's a fun little link up with from Mrs. to Mama. So in the spirit of Valentine's Day I thought I would share our story.


1. How long have you and your significant other been together?

Clay and I started dating on December 5th, 2003. We've been together 8 years! I can't believe it's been that long. And honestly it seems like a lifetime. I can't imagine life without him!


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

We've known each other our entire lives. We went to the same school (elementary, middle and high)and our families lived next door to each other for a little while. We didn't start dating until a few years after high school. I ran into him one summer I was home from college. We exchanged phone numbers and started out as friends. We hung out a lot that summer. Went to the beach together with several of our friends. When I went back to Auburn for the fall semester, he would come down and we would tailgate and go to the games together. And I guess you could say the rest is history!

And just a side note...he was my first kiss. We were 5 and were on the playground at our church.

3. If married, how long have you been married?

We've been married for 5.5 years. We got married on June 17th, 2006

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?

We got married at the church I grew up in Smokerise, AL. We had about 100-150 guests. Our reception was also at the church.


5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

We have a mutual nick-name for one another "Cledus." We call each other this when one of us does something dumb or acts crazy.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

His devotion to our family, his thoughtfulness and he is probably hands down the funniest person I know. The Lord knew I needed someone like Clay to put up with my craziness. :)

7. Tell us how he proposed?

It was like any other night. I had always told him that I didn't want a big proposal. Something simple. And that's exactly what he did. I had moved back home from college and was working at the time. It was a Saturday night, August 13th, 2005. We had gone and picked up sandwiches from Subway and rented The Pacifier with Vin Diesel and went back to his house. Like I said, a typical night for us. I remember getting up and going to the bathroom and the next thing I know I walk out and he's got music playing and is down on one knee asking me to marry him. Of course I said yes! I loved that it was just us and nobody else.

That night we went to my parents house to tell them the big news and then made our way to his mom's house. It was the perfect night! One I will always remember!!


8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

He's really neither one of those. We usually celebrate Valentine's Day going out to dinner and to the movies or I will cook his favorite meal at home. He will usually send flowers and he always gets me a card. It's never anything extravagant!

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

We are definitely a pop in a movie and relax on the couch kinda' couple. I mostly fall asleep on the couch, which never turns out to well for Clay. Ha!

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

Clay's dream is to go to St. Andrews in Scotland for the British Open. I would love for him to go with the boys one day. Of course I would tag along and shop shop shop! And we've always talked about going to Hawaii and Paris. Maybe one day.


11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.

Since Valentine's Day falls on my week to work, we'll probably celebrate next weekend. Something low key like dinner and a movie.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?

I didn't ask for anything this year. We've got so much going on right now with a baby on the way and Clay finishing up his last semester of school. If I did ask for something it would be a weekend with just Clay and I. We don't get a lot of those.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.

Some of the things I've learned...lift each other up and support one another. Be an encouragement to your spouse. Don't sweat the small stuff. Enjoy each other and ALWAYS take the time to laugh! You don't have to be serious all the time.

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...