Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days series - being in the moment {day 2}




I'm linking up with The Nester.


Lately I haven't gotten to spend a lot of one on one time with Bryson. And I think he's kinda' sensing it. I have found since becoming a mother of two how difficult it can be sometimes to balance your time between your kids. I'm almost 6 months in and I'm not where I want to be, but I'm making progress.

Today Bryson had his first dentist appointment (I'll be sure to blog about that after the 31 series), so I thought it would be a good time for me and my oldest to have some alone time.

We had an AH-MAZING day! We talked about all the stuff he loves (Cars, school, church, and Toy Story). We talked about his brother and daddy. He sang every song to King George and the Duckie while we were in the car.

I was so proud of him while we were in CFA, because he ate all his lunch before he asked to go play. I even let him pick out a toy from Target for being so good.



I told Clay late this evening that I get sad sometimes at night because I think about how fast the time goes during the day. Oh how I wish I could slow it down!!!

I was so thankful for this time I got to spend with Bryson! I want him to know that he is still loved by me even though he doesn't understand why Jaxon sometimes gets a little more attention. I don't ever want him to feel like his brother was/is loved more.

That's why I think these one on one "dates" with him are important. I can't wait to plan more of them!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...