Friday, October 5, 2012

31 Days series - being in the moment {day 5}


With my new work schedule starting this upcoming week, I've found myself looking at pinterest and some of my favorite mommy blogs a lot for ideas to do with Bryson since I'll be home more.

I was on Instagram the other day and saw where Lyndsey posted a picture of her daughter painting pumpkins. I thought to myself "why in the world have I not thought of that?" Something so simple and easy.

So all week I've been on a mission looking for pumpkins, paints and paintbrushes. I made sure not to let Bryson see any of these things because I knew he would have a melt down right there in the store about wanting to hold the pumpkins or asking to paint "RIGHT NOW!"

He was so excited when I told him he was going to get to paint pumpkins today! He immediately headed for the door asking a thousand questions. I laid out the pumpkins and he began painting away.  I showed him how we had to dip our brushes in the water each time we painted with a different color. He is my little rule follower, so he made sure to tell me each time he put his brush in the water. Always wanting mommy to know he's doing as he's been told. :-)





This little project lasted almost 2 hours! I think we might do this one again in a few weeks. Ha!

And I have these three adorable little pumpkins sitting on my front porch.

1 comment :

  1. Super cute---just found your blog, looking forward to reading more!

    -Julie
    www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...