Wednesday, November 30, 2011

My First Pinterest Project

Now that we're about to have TWO boys, oh my goodness :) I been thinking that it's time to make Bryson's room into more of a big boy room. I can't believe my baby is growing up and is almost 2 1/2! Where has the time gone?

Since we'll be getting another room ready for baby W #2 I wanted to leave Bryson's room as it is (like the paint and some of the decorations), but add a few Big Boy touches. Right now he is soooo into Cars and Toy Story and that will probably be the base for his bedding.

The other day I was looking around on pinterest (y'all I just love this website) and found this adorable little reading area and thought it would cute to add something like that to Bryson's new room.

So after work on Monday I went to Hobby Lobby and purchased a few things to make the letters. Y'all this was so cheap to make and so simple to do.


For this project you need whatever letters you plan to use, scrapbook paper, mod podge, pencil, paint brush, and scissors. I already had everything except the letters and the scrapbook paper. And y'all it took me for-e-ver to pick out the paper. Way too many choices! Ha!!

The first thing I did was trace the letters onto the paper. Then cut out each letter. After that I put the mod podge on the back of the paper and on the letter itself; that way I new it would stick and stay on. You do this for each letter.


Once I finished painting on the mod podge I let it dry for about 15-20 minutes then I went back and painted the mod podge on top of the paper. This kind of gives it a glossy look. If you've never used the mod podge before don't freak out when you paint on top of the paper because in some places it might look white. The mod podge dries clear, so no worries!

After I finished all the letters I let them dry overnight (you don't have to wait that long, but it was getting late and I was ready for bed. Ha!), I put one more coat of the mod podge over the letters.


And here's the finished project. I thought they turned out so cute! I can't wait to hang these up!!

All in all this project cost less than $15 dollars
Scrapbook paper (4 sheets): 1.18 (were 1/2 off)
Chipboard (4 letters): 7.16 (got one letter 40% off with coupon)
Mod Podge: 4.47
Foam Brush: 1.99

I can't wait to do more fun things for Bryson's room!

1 comment :

  1. I saw those spice rack/book shelves too! SUCH a great idea!! And I LOVE the letters you made! GREAT job!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...