Thursday, September 29, 2011

Transition

The same weekend I decided to take away the passy, I also decided to put Bryson in his toddler bed. Yes, I am that mother that thought I would be "Super Mom" and do everything all at one time. It actually turned out better than I planned and has been going great for a little over 2 months.

I was a little nervous about transitioning Bryson to the toddler bed, but thanks to some other mom's I follow on twitter, they gave me the encouragement I needed to get it done. Thanks Erin, Jennifer, and Jenna! Social media has become a wonderful resource for me during these last few months with Bryson. I am so thankful for such a great community of women :)


We were grateful that when we got pregnant with Bryson, my dad and step mom bought our crib. It's one of the convertible cribs that will go from a crib to a toddler bed to a full size bed.

I have to tell y'all that it broke my heart just a little to have him in this toddler bed. It makes me realize how fast he's growing up. :(

I will tell you that the very first night Clay and I went back and forth about leaving his door open or keeping it shut. Of course I won that battle and paid for it at 2am. I've always been a light sleeper and I had turned over in the bed and thought I saw something standing in our doorway. I laid my head back down and then popped up and saw Bryson standing in our doorway. OMG! I about had a heart attack. He ended up laying in the bed with us for a few hours and then I put him back in his room. Since that night we have left his door closed and he hasn't tried to get out or open his door.

Every once in a while I will hear him in the middle of the night get up and go over to his book bin and pull out some of his books and take them back to his bed. It's funny listening to his little feet hit the floor.

Since we found out we are pregnant with baby #2 we are planning to use Bryson's crib for this baby too. I've been trying to decide on what kind of bed to put Bryson in next. For a while Clay and I wanted him to have a bunk bed. Clay and my brother both and one growing up and loved them. But since I know this is not the house we will be staying in I think I'm just going to get him a full size frame and then decorate with the Disney Cars theme.


Clay and I saw this bedding at Target a few weeks ago and fell in love with it. We know Bryson would go banana's over this! We are thinking about getting this for Christmas. That's when I would like to have him out of the toddler bed and in the full size bed.


And this pillow is also from Target and is just the cutest thing.

Hope y'all are having a wonderful Thursday! Tomorrow I'll be posting another Fall Friday Recipe. It's one of my favorites!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...