Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Friday Recipe

I thought it would be fun to post a recipe every Friday during the Fall season. Fall is probably my favorite season of the year. I love the weather, SEC football is in full swing (War Eagle!), my favorite TV shows are starting back up, I adore all kinds of fall wardrobes, and of course the food during this time of year is delicious. 

So to start off I thought I would post one of my favorite go to recipes - Taco Soup. There are several different ways to make this recipe and finally after three years of changing it up I have put together one that my husband and I love. Before I share mine, just know that you can put pretty much anything you want into this recipe. It's whatever your family likes and enjoys!


Taco Soup
  • 1 pound of ground beef
  • 2 cans of Rotel
  • 2 cans of Black Beans (drained)
  • 1 can of Corn
  • 1 can of Dark Red Kidney Beans
  • 1/2 packet of Taco Seasoning Mix
  • 1/2 packet of Ranch Seasoning Mix
Brown your ground beef (I don't always use ground beef, I usually use whatever is on sale at the grocery store that day) and then drain it well. Pour the ground beef into your crockpot. Add the Rotel, Black Beans (I always drain these), Corn, and Kidney Beans. Then add 1/2 of the taco and ranch seasoning packets and then I will also take one of the cans and fill it up with water and add it in. You don't have to add the water if it looks like the consistancy you want it. Or if you like yours a little more soupy feel free to add more water.


I let it cook on low for 3 hours and then switched it to warm until we are ready to eat. Today I started mine when I got home from work this morning so that it would be ready to eat once I got up. This was the first time I've let mine somewhat cook all day and the beans weren't mushy. Everything was just right. 


We serve ours with shredded cheese (I like a lot on mine) and sour cream. We also like to use the Tostitos scoops chips to dip with. 

With this recipe you can also freeze the leftovers. I will put mine in individual containers so on my week off I can have one for lunch or whenever. 

Some other things you can put in - pinto beans, chili beans, stewed tomatoes, onions, the list goes on and on. Just use whatever your family likes to eat to make it your own. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...