Monday, September 19, 2011

The Details

This picture was taken the day we found out!

First off - THANK ya'll so much for all the sweet comments! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.

I thought I would share a few of the details about this pregnancy...

First of all - this was a HUGE surprise! After trying so long to get pregnant with Bryson and not knowing if we would ever be able to get pregnant again without help I was not expecting this at all. I had actually become very content and accepted that Bryson would be an only child and had told Clay a few months back that I was not ready to go through infertility again and I didn't know if I would ever want to go through that again. Funny how God has other plans for our lives!  

The day I found out is kind of a funny story. I was on my way home from work and decided that I would stop in at Target and buy a test. I was so nervous that I went into the restroom AT Target and took the test. Yes, I'm that girl that is soooo impatient. Ha! The moment I looked down and saw the two lines I think my heart leaped out of my chest. I made it out of the store and to my car before I completely broke down and started crying. I never expected we would ever get pregnant on our own. I spent the whole way home trying to decide how I was going to tell Clay.

When I got home Clay and Bryson were in our bed watching cartoons and eating breakfast. I went straight to the bathroom to gather my thoughts and to make sure Clay couldn't tell I had been crying :) I went over to Clay's side of the bed and told him I needed to tell him something. He was a little hesitant at first, I think he was still a little sleepy. All of a sudden I just showed him the test. He looked at it, then looked at me, looked at the test again and asked me what it was? Ugh, it's a pregnancy test!! He can be so crazy. Ha! We looked at each other and had no words. We just smiled!

I took another pregnancy test the next day just to make sure it wasn't a false positive and sure enough two lines showed up on that test.

We wanted to wait to tell our family until I had gone to the doctor and had an ultrasound. That was the longest two and a half weeks of my life. We told all of our parents in person. We used the "big bro" shirt my friend Mary made to tell my parents.

I am only 9 weeks and my due date is April 22. I was a little nervous going into my doctors appointment. I had so many questions for her about this pregnancy. I never went into specifics about Bryson, but when I was 30wks we found out my liver enzymes were elevating and things got pretty crazy after that. So with this pregnancy we will be monitoring my enzymes at every appointment. 

I have been extremely sick with this pregnancy. I was only sick for about a week when I was pregnant with Bryson, so most people are telling me they think I will have a girl. Clay and I don't care what we have just as long as he/she is healthy. 

And also - I am over the moon excited about this pregnancy! But my heart breaks for my friends and other women that are yearning for a child and the chance to become a mother. I know exactly how it feels to think that you will never get pregnant. And the heartache it brings to find out someone else in expecting. After speaking to my friend and sharing our news with her, she told me something I never realized, she said that my pregnancy gives her HOPE! Isn't that amazing? I honestly never thought of it that way. So for those of you going through infertility, know that there is HOPE. God has a perfect plan for your life and He's still writing your story for a reason and to bring glory to Him! He will give you all your heart desires. Know I pray for you everyday!   

For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. Romans 8: 24-25

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...