Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Playdate

Our family has had a busy week this week and it's only Tuesday :) We are trying to get ready to go on vacation and y'all know how that can be. Bryson's end of the year party at school is tomorrow and I've been putting off getting his haircut until today. All I can say is...Ugh! I don't know why he has to act like such a drama king when he gets it cut. Ha! He's just been getting haircuts every 8 weeks since he was 8 months old. You would think he would be used to it by now.
I'm so picky when it comes to his hair. I wait and wait til the very last minute before I decide to finally get it cut. I just have this picture in my head of what I want it to look like and it's only ended up that way once. Don't get me wrong the new girl we tried out today was great, but the overall outcome was not what I pictured. And because it had been messed up in the past we are having to let it grow out in places so we can eventually get to where I want it. Never thought that when I had a boy that one of my biggest concerns would be his hair!



On to the more funner things of the day. Clay took Bryson to the park today to meet up with Drew and Elaina. Have I mentioned how much I love that Clay has been home during the summer. I really hate to see him go back to school in a couple of weeks, but we are almost to the finish line and are so ready for that next chapter of our lives to start.



Bryson and Elaina are becoming the best of friends. It's funny to hear Bryson talk about Elaina when she's not around and to hear Sheri say how Elaina talks about Bryson when he's not around. Today Clay said they played together a lot more than the last time.
I have to admit that these are the times that I hate working night shift. I feel like I miss out on so much of Bryson's life for an entire week. In saying that, I am so happy that he gets to spend time with Clay. I think it's so important for daddy's and son's to spend time together and bond with each other. But the momma in me does hate that I miss out on things.



They got a lesson in cleaning up. Ha! Clay told me they both found some pieces of paper lying on the ground and wanted to "clean up." So Drew took them over to the garbage can so they could throw it away. That is something Bryson is really into right now is throwing stuff in the garbage can.


And of course y'all know the guys took them to CFA for lunch. I think Elaina was a little nervous at first to climb up the stairs, but I heard Bryson was such a little encourager, telling Elaina she could do it! Oh, I just love that sweet little boy :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...