Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th, 2011

We had a pretty laid back July 4th today. I worked last night and didn't get home until after 4am this morning, so just being able to relax was the key for us today. Bryson and I went over to my parents house and had a GREAT time! My brother and SIL were able to come up for the day, it was good getting to see them and spend time with them.

Now days before we even leave the house I have to go ahead and put Bryson in his swimming clothes. If I don't he will pitch a fit because he can't understand why he can't get in the water with just his regular clothes. Thank goodness my parents only live 10 minutes away!

My dad grilling out. We had bbq pork-chops, hamburgers and hot dogs. So yummy! My dad does an awesome job on the grill.

I don't know if I've mentioned these water wings Bryson has on, but y'all these are the BEST! Several of our friends kids are wearing these and for Bryson they work so much better than what I like to call the "Buzz Lightyear" suit. It's a one piece that has the foam pad on the front and back of the chest. I don't know if it's because Bryson is a little bigger for his age, but when he wore it, it was so top heavy that he couldn't swim around very well.
With these water wings we have seen a big difference in how Bryson can get around in the water. He's started kicking his legs and trying to swim on his own. Would definitely recommend these!!

My mom and dad

Brother and SIL. You can see very well, but Michele is 13 weeks prego. You can't even tell she is pregnant. Ugh, makes me sick. Ha! But y'all I can't wait to find out what their having and really can't wait til January when this baby gets here. So happy for my brother and SIL!

We can't be around the pool without Bryson wanting to color and play with the sidewalk chalk. We have a ton of it at the house, but for some reason I never think to get it out. Need to make myself a reminder to bring it out when we play outside.

Momma and her little man!


Was a little bummed out that we could watch any fireworks. Bryson was so exhausted from being out in the sun all day, his head hit the pillow before it got completely dark.

I hope y'all had a wonderful and blessed 4th of July! I want to say "Thank You!" to all the men and women who are serving this great country that I love so much! Giving me the opportunity to raise my child in a Christian home; I can never thank you enough! I pray for you and your families and that the Lord will bless all your incrediable sacrifies.

Happy 4th of July!!!

4 comments :

  1. stopping by from Jenna's. your little boy is so cute!! :) looks like you had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, you have the cutest lil boy ever!! He is just adorable! Stopping by from Jenna's blog challenge! I'm your newest follower!!

    Have a great Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm stopping by from Jenna's blog. Your little boy is so cute!

    I'm also going to have a niece or nephew in January and I can't wait. My sister says she isn't finding out if it is a girl or boy and I'm not sure I can handle that!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...