Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hair Day, Cooking Dinner, and Sweet Bones

I've had this "hair day" planned for over a month. Lindsey, the girl that does my hair stays booked all the time and it's so hard to get an appointment with her. But it's definitely worth the wait. We went to high school together and I can't tell y'all what an amazing job she does on my hair.

This is awful to admit, but I haven't had anything done to my hair in about a year. Isn't that terrible? You'd think being from the South I would be a little better about keeping myself up and I've really trying to get better at that. But it's so hard when you work full time, mom full time and everything in between.


This is the before...


And this is the after!

I love the way it turned out. And isn't there something so relaxing sitting under that dryer and reading a good book? I could get my hair "did" every day! Ha!

Our SS teacher and his wife just welcomed a precious little baby girl, Hannah Ruth, born on June 24th. When someone in our class has a baby we sign up to bring food for that family for the next two weeks. It's a great way to get to know the other couples in our class and from experience, it helps out so so much.

I love that our SS does this! We have made such life long friends in this class. I could not ask for a better group of people to share our lives with and hopefully continue to raise our children together.


I made the Honey Onion Chicken that Jenna posted about here. I've made this several times for our family and both boys love it. I also made green beans and three cheese potatoes. I really hope they enjoyed it.

I don't know if I've mentioned that my dad and step-mom are in town from Texas for Bryson's birthday. They are usually able to come out and spend a week with us loving and doting over him. Bryson eats up every bit!

Tonight we met up with my brother and SIL for dinner at Sweet Bones of Alabama. It's become one of mine and Clay's new favorite BBQ places. We tried the fried green tomatoes for an appetizer tonight. Y'all those were some of the best FGT I've ever eaten. They were like heaven on a plate served with white bbq sauce. YUM-O!!


Our family


Bryson was having a bit of a meltdown right before we got our dinner, so I decided to take him outside for a little change of scenery. The Terrible Two's are in full force at the W house. We eventually made it back inside to eat our dinner.


Bryson, my brother and Michele


Grandma Amy, Grandpa and Bryson

We had a great day today! I still have lots to get done with Bryson's party, but I think I'm going to take a break and watch the rest of the MLB All-Star game. Go National League!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...