Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Bryson


On Saturday we celebrated Bryson's 2nd birthday. This party was a lot of fun to plan and Bryson had the BEST time! This is his invitation. His actual birthday is on Thursday.


Grandpa and Grandma Amy were able to visit for the past week. They came over to the house a little early to let Bryson open up his present.


I decided a few months back to have the party at one of our local parks in town. I thought it would be a great place for the kids and I wanted to make sure they all had a good time.


I left a little early to go and decorate. This year I didn't do as much decorating or cooking for that matter as I did last year. First birthday's are a big deal and so are his others, but I want to be able to enjoy them and not have to worry so much about the decorations and etc.


Last year for Bryson's birthday I started a table cloth and just take fabric markers and incorporate the theme of his party onto the table cloth. I heard about this idea from a co-worker and thought it was awesome. I also thought it would be neat to have his hand prints each year too. I was really excited about how it turned out. Oh, and those of you that might be wondering, I did not draw those. I wish I could have taken credit, but drawing has never been a gift of mine. I found the pictures off the internet and blew them up on the copy machine at work and traced them.


I will take credit for all 48 cupcakes. Ha! A very sweet lady at work let me have her chocolate cake recipe to try out as cupcakes for the party. I was really nervous about making them and tried them out last week on my co-workers. Because y'all know I'm not going to serve something that I haven't tried out and gotten some reviews on. Ha!! They were actually a huge success! My husband even raved about them which is saying alot since he despises cake all together. And it was a lot cheaper to make them myself than to buy them.



His Mickey outfit turned out so cute.



Our Family


Bryson didn't know what to think with all these people singing to him. Bless his heart, he got so embarrassed.


He was ready to dive into that cupcake. He'd been asking for one all day and I kept having to remind him they were for his birthday party.


Bryson decided he wanted Aunt Erica to take him down the BIG slide. Y'all I was sooo nervous. He has always been one to stay around the slides that are more for his age and Saturday it was like he turned into a BIG boy. He wanted to do all the big kid stuff. So of course y'all know I made my MIL and FIL stand on each side of the slide and my husband to stand at the bottom just in case he flew off. HA!


He was having the best time! I was so proud of him. He's not scared to do anything, but has always been a little reserved if that makes any sense. Clay and I were very excited that he had such a good time. I'm really glad I had the party there.


Bryson, Madelyn (isn't she adorable) and Paxton. This was a close as we could get to getting a picture of some of the kids.


I bought these coloring books at the dollar tree and the cups from Wal-Mart to give out as gifts to the kids. I tied it with a note from Bryson thanking them for coming to his party.


A picture of all of the guests. My camera was on a weird setting so some of the pictures didn't show up well. I was so glad our family and friends were able to share this special time with us. Bryson is so lucky to have so many people that love him.

3 comments :

  1. What an adorable party!! Bryson is as cute as ever...those little cheeks are just so precious!! CAN'T believe he is two already...YIKES! How time flies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, what????? How can Bryson be TWO?!?! Didn't you just post your Christmas card photo announcing your pregnancy?!?!??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute invites! Glad he had a good party and Happy Birthday to him:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...