Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Long Time Coming!

i am a little ashamed for blogging about this but it's been a long time coming.

clay and i are big fans of college sports and march madness is like another holiday at our house. for the last five years or so clay and i fill out brackets for the ncaa basketball tournament and have a little competition of our own. there's no big prize, but the winner gets bragging rights for a year:) since last year we have made it into a family affair. joining our little competition was my father-in-law, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law. it's fun to get together and fill out our brackets and do a little trash talking!

for the last 3 or 4 years my wonderful, amazing, talented husband has always found a way to beat me. it usually comes down to one or two games and he is always able to pull out a win. that is until this year!

you are now looking at the 2009 march madness champion in the W household!!! and not only did i beat my wonderful, amazing, talented husband, but i also beat out my sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and father-in-law! needless to say i've been doing some bragging over the last few days and giving a big "Woo Hoo" to my father-in-law over the phone:) my hubby did remind me today that gloating is a SIN.

for the most part my excitement has died down. i was able to get a pic of 3 of the brackets to have as a reminder (i had to pull them out of the trash. wanna guess who put them there?).

Clay's Bracket!



Father-In-Law's Bracket!



My Bracket! a.k.a The Big Winner!!

just a side note: clay wanted me to post that although i won (the winner is based on who has the most points) he won more games. however, the games he won were in the earlier rounds and did not count as many points.

it's okay honey! there is always next year:)


3 comments :

  1. I love it!!! Great job! There is nothing better than beating your hubby at something that he thinks he's better at than you!! My hubby would have made my brackett disapear as well if I had beat him! Maybe next year he won't want you to participate!! HA

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I love it! i love competition and I love winning! that's sounds like sooo much fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Glad you get to have bragging rights:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...