Monday, March 4, 2013

prayer frames for your child/children

Since having children I cannot begin to tell y'all how my prayer life has changed. Especially when it comes to my boys. When Bryson was a newborn I can remember praying specifically for his future friends, what he would be when he grew up, his salvation, and even his future wife. And I have done the same with Jaxon. I just think it is so important that as parents we lift our children up to the Lord.
 
I've seen several ideas going around about having a specific prayer to pray for your child/children during the year. A while back I saw this post on Courtney's blog and thought what a cute idea to trace your child's hand and write a scripture verse on it that correlates with what's going on in their life at that time. I wanted to be able to see the verse throughout the day, so I thought I would frame them and hang them in our master bedroom.    

For Bryson I chose Joshua 1:9. He will be starting pre-school in the fall and I thought it would be good to pray about him having courage and reminding him that the Lord would always be with him wherever he goes.

For Jaxon I used Psalm 4:8. Because he is still very young I thought praying for his sleep and safety were things that pertained to his little life right now.

I have them hanging on our wall in our master bedroom so that when I wake up in the mornings I will see them and pray their specific prayer. I have also decided to commit these verses to memory and have been praying these verses over them before they go to sleep.

Rise during the night and cry out.

Pour out your hearts like water to the Lord.
Lift up your hands to him in prayer,
pleading for your children... Lamentations 2:19

Frame details:

I purchased the frames from Hobby Lobby ~$7.50 each (you could definitly buy cheaper ones)
Chipboard Letters from Hobby Lobby ~1.00 each (I spray painted them white)
Foam Sheets from Hobby Lobby ~1.00 each (I used these to cut out their hands)
Colored cardstock from Hobby Lobby ~0.50 each

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...