Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Jaxon's Baby Dedication

September 30th was a special day because we had Jaxon dedicated. Dedication is a statement where we as parents stand before the church and dedicate our child before the Lord and promise to do our best to raise them in a Christian home and teach them to follow God's teachings. Our pastor challenged us to pray over our children everyday and shared 12 prayers that we can pray over them. (I listed them at the bottom of this post) and to make it a priority to talk about Jesus everyday, not just on Sundays. And to get them involved in church at an early age.   

The boys this morning before church.

 I remember when we had Bryson dedicated. I never would have dreamed we would be doing this again almost 3 years later. I got so emotional standing up there because I felt so complete. I knew in that moment my family was complete. I can't describe the feeling, but it hit me like a ton of bricks. I remember I kept thanking God for this AH-MA-ZING family He has given me. I am so blessed!!!
 
This was the picture they showed on the screen. Love this picture SO MUCH!!!


Jaxon and mommy
 
 
Our pastor reminded us that our children are loaned to us by our Heavenly Father. I think I forget about that sometimes. Clay and I are Bryson and Jaxon's earthly parents, but they also have a Father in heaven. But as their earthly parents it's our job to show them and teach them about the love of Jesus. To help them understand what an incredible price He paid by dying on the cross for our sins so that one day we could live with Him in heaven forever. My prayer for Clay and I is that we will always point the boys to Jesus. That they will live for Him and love Him and always strive to be in His will.
  
I am so thankful for these three. God has truly blessed me!



12 Prayers to Pray Over Your Children/Grandchildren

 1. They will trust Christ early in life
 2. They will have a hatred for sin
 3. They will be caught when guilty
 4. They will be protected from the evil one in each area of their life
 5. They will have a responsible attitude in all of their interpersonal relationships
 6. They will respect those in authority over them
 7. They will desire the right kind of friends and be protected from the wrong kind of friends
 8. They, as well as their mate, will be kept pure until marriage
 9. They will be kept from the wrong mate and safe for the right one
10. They will totally submit to God and actively resist Satan in all circumstances
11. They will be hedged in so they cannot find their way to wrong places and people and that the wrong places and people cannot find their way to them
12. They will be 100% sold out to Jesus Christ! 

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...