Sunday, January 16, 2011

Weekend Review


We have had a pretty uneventful weekend. Not very much going on over at our house. It's been so cold in Central AL that we've pretty much stayed in the house in our pj's just hanging out as a family :-) This weekend has been so boring now that I'm trying to think back, I can't even remember what we did on Friday. ha!

Yesterday we had an appointment to get Bryson's pictures made with Alisha. Back in December she and another photographer had an open house here locally and they gave out free 20 minute mini sessions and I received one. It turned out perfect that she had the session this month...since Bryson will be 18 months one Friday. The backdrop was a wintry rustic look and I can't wait to get the proofs back. I'm sure I'll love every single one and want be able to decide and then wind up spending a fortune! But, Alisha does GREAT work and she's affordable which is a bonus.

After the photo shoot we stopped by the small outdoor mall near our house and had lunch at Logan's Roadhouse. Clay, Bryson and I all stuffed our faces full. So much for trying to drop a few pounds. Ha! When we got home I started cleaning out Bryson's diaper bag and noticed that his placemat was missing.
I can't tell ya'll how many compliments I get on this mat. I LOVE this thing! Have you ever used one and what do you think about it? It's so uncharacteristic of me to leave stuff like this at restaurants. But my mind hasn't been really very focused lately...that's another post for another day. So, it looks like I'll be stopping by the store to purchase another mat soon.

Church was such a blessing today, as it always is! It never fails that the Lord will show up and speak to me on just what I needed to hear. Pastor Kevin is preaching on a series about The Big 7 in 2011. Last week he preached on tithing and the word of God. Today he spoke on the benefits of small groups, prayer, and encouragement. Prayer is our way to communicate with God...and I want to be honest and share that sometimes I have gone a day without praying. I get so caught up in my To-Do List and making sure my house and family are taken care of that by the end of the day I am completely exhausted and will lay my head down and next thing I know it's morning again.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 says to Never stop praying. I can't tell ya'll how much this small three word verse spoke to me. Prayer is so important and no matter what is going on in my life and how busy it gets I always need to take time to talk with Jesus.

2 comments :

  1. Where did u get the placemat? I like to keep these things in mind even tho we don't need it yet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...