Saturday, January 22, 2011

Championship Celebration


Today we traveled down to Auburn for the National Championship Celebration. We were really excited about going - this would be Bryson's first trip to Auburn! To say that I was a little nervous about him going would be an understatement. I had no clue how he would act with alot of loud people around and also having to be confined for a few hours. But he did awesome!


I can't even being to tell ya'll how many people were there. I believe they estimated around 78 thousand if not more. We got pretty good seats - plus they were close to the exit just in case we had a meltdown. Ha!


We left the celebration a few minutes early so we could get a good view of Tiger Walk. I secretly think that was one of the main reasons Clay wanted to go! For those of you that are not AU fans - Tiger Walk is where the players and coaches walk from the athletic building down to the stadium a few hours before the game starts. Today the team did a reverse Tiger Walk.


There got to be SO many people that Bryson and I ended up watching it from the corner of the street. I started feeling a little claustrophobic and Bryson was in his stroller and all he could see were peoples feet and legs. Ha!! Clay was able to get alot of good pictures.

Aubie!

#90 Nick Fairley

#2 Cam Newton!
He gave a wonderful speech during the celebration. I have been so proud of how he has handled all the adversity that has surrounded him and his family. I wish him all the best in the future. The Auburn family is really going to miss him!!

Coach Chizik

This is the outside of the stadium with the National Championship flag flying overhead


What a great college football season it has been! If someone would have told me that AU would be the national champs this year I would have fallen on the floor laughing hysterically! I'm so proud of our team and ALL the other SEC teams. I can't wait for next season to start!!

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!

1 comment :

  1. Thanks so much for posting the pictures!! Mark and I didn't get to go, and I have been dying to hear about it!
    WAR EAGLE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...