Tuesday, April 30, 2013

we went to the zoo

We've had a few nice days here - thank goodness! I'm really over the rainy and cold days. So today we took advantage of the nice weather and took a trip to the zoo. Our sweet friends were nice enough to invite us today and since they are members we didn't have to pay. Score!! :)

I was a little nervous about taking both of the boys since we only have one stroller and I knew we would be walking a good bit, so I wasn't too sure how Bryson would do. He ended up doing pretty good. But there was a couple of times that I wish I had owned a double stroller.
Bryson was SO excited about going, Jaxon doesn't look like he has a care in the world. Ha!


 
They have a new dinosaur exhibit that lasts through July and it was so cool. I think the Lord knew what He was doing when he blessed me with two boys, because I really enjoyed the seeing all the dinosaurs. Maybe a little more than B.



I think Jaxon enjoyed looking at the giraffe's. He was such a good baby the whole day.




 Bryson want to sit on every animal we saw and poke his head through each one of those pictures. He's quite a ham!
I don't know if you can see it, but there's a baby elephant hiding near the trees towards the back. That thing was the cutest thing! I just love "baby" animals.

Several of the animals like the lion, tiger, gorilla and a few more were sleeping while we were there.
Me and my boys on the train ride. I think they would've rode that train ALL DAY if I would have let them.


B was a little upset that the alligator was sleeping. Me, not so much! I get enough of those things watching Swamp People.

The parrots at the end are another one of my favorites.
The boys had the best time! We brought our lunch and had a little picnic outside the zoo. I ended up coming away with a membership for our family. I know Clay was disappointed that he couldn't go with us today and I know Bryson will ask to see those dinosaurs again very soon. So I think getting the membership was the way to go.

This one wiped out before we hit the interstate. Bryson on the other hand took about a 10 minute nap on the ride home and has refused to lay back down. I definitely see and early bedtime in that little one's future tonight.  



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...