Monday, April 29, 2013

jaxon's little man birthday party

I knew for a while when planning Jaxon's first birthday that I wanted a "little man" theme, mainly because that is what the majority of our family call him. I had been gathering stuff together for months and had all these cute ideas in my head. And then the Tuesday before his party I came down with the stomach bug that decided it wanted to stick around the entire week and into the weekend. 

So I'm not going to lie, the party was not at all what I had planned. There were so centerpieces on the tables. I didn't get around to making Jaxon a tablecloth like I did for Bryson's first birthday. I didn't have any balloons or things hanging from the ceilings. It was just the basics and that was all I could handle. So needless to say I gave myself A LOT of grace during that week. :)    

I wanted to have his party at my in-laws church just like we did for Bryson's first birthday. We have such a big immediate family that our little house can't accommodate everyone and they will let me decorate and set up the room however I want.

I ended up making all the food. And I totally forgot to take a picture of it. Ha! But we served Rotel roll-ups, chips and dips, baked beans, Asian coleslaw, Hawaiian ham and cheese sliders, and fruit kabobs.

I completely forgot to take a picture of the party favors. I did various bowties for the boys and hair bows for the girls.


At the desert table there were chocolate and strawberry cupcakes and Oreo truffle balls. That was a big hit with these two boys and the men.

I don't think Jaxon was too sure about that cake. I had told Clay that it's appearance was somewhat lacking, but that it was made with love. He thought it looked great, but I think he was just trying to make me feel better because I was almost in tears for thinking that I could even attempt at making his cake.


I ended up turning the cake upside down because he was eating more of it than the icing. He didn't get as messy as I thought he would and I have to say that I was a little disappointed. Isn't that one of the things most parents look forward too when their little one turns one?


My sweet little niece AK. She is probably one of the most daintiest little girls I know. Oh I could just eat her up!!



His love for opening his presents only lasted about a millisecond. He's not one to sit still, loves to be on the move constantly.




I was so happy that our family was able to share Jaxon's birthday with us. He is loved by some many people and we are truly grateful for y'all. We appreciate each and everyone of you that were there to celebrate his birthday!






All the printables came from Dimple Prints
Invitations from my sweet friend Sarah and the DIY cupcake stands are also on her blog
Jaxon's outfit from the extremely talented Ashley owner of SheShe Made
DIY Bowtie wreath via this pinterest link
DIY backdrop via Jessica over @ live the fancy life blog
Party favors for the boys from myLittleTrendsetters on etsy
Girls hair bows from polkadot posies
Cupcakes and smash cake made by me :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...