Sunday, February 27, 2011

Family Fun Weekend

My dad and Aunts came over for a short weekend visit this Friday and Saturday. It's been a while since they have seen Bryson (in person); we try to Skype as often as we can. Have ya'll ever tried Skype? It's a must have if you have family that live out of town or that you don't get to see very often.

Friday night we met up with my brother and SIL for dinner at one of the local mexican restaurants in town. We always have mexican at least once when my dad is here to visit. I could eat it 24/7, it so delicious! After dinner we headed to my brother's house to play Rock Band. Oh my goodness! Ya'll I am SO addicted to this game. I'm really glad we don't have it at the house. I would never get any housework done. HA!!

I didn't have my camera with me so I wasn't able to get any good action pictures of the family rockin' it out! But my dad got some cute pictures of Bryson playing the guitar and drums. I'll post those as soon as he sends me the copies.

Saturday, Bryson and I headed back down to my SIL and brother's house. Clay wasn't able to come...he had some papers to write for school. We had lunch at one of my favorite BBQ places...



If ya'll ever come through Alabama, this is one of the best bbq places...besides Dreamlands to eat. Oh, and they have some really good keylime pie too!!

Bryson LOVED playing with Aunt Michele on her piano. Right before I took this picture Bryson said "Aunt Michele..." we all got sooo excited! He wanted her to come over and play the piano with him. I think I might have caught a little dissapointment in Uncle Tommy's face when he said her name. Ha!

Bryson with his Grandpa


We didn't get to spend much time at my brother's. I really believe Bryson is cutting his 2 year molars. He's been running a fever, his balance has been off, and I can hardly get him to eat anything. He just hasn't been his self the last few days. I hated we had to cut our time short with my dad and aunt's, but Clay and I are planning a trip out to Texas sometime this summer. I can't wait to get all the kids together to play and have a wonderful time.



Hope ya'll had a great weekend. I'm getting ready to watch the Biggest Night in Hollywood...The Oscar's!!!

2 comments :

  1. I enjoy reminding Tommy that he definitely said Aunt Michele and I haven't heard Uncle Tommy yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had a great time with everyone and I'm hoping to come back over in a couple weeks. I have some good shots of all the "Rock Band" participants, including Bryson jamming on the guitar and banging away on the drums. I hope Bryson is feeling better and look forward to seeing everyone again very soon!
    Love Dad, a.k.a. Grandpa
    P.S. I heard Bryson say Michele - loud and clear. Tommy might have a better chance if he didn't "harass" the little man so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...