Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I can't believe this day is finally here. For so long I thought I would never be able to celebrate this day with all the other wonderful mother's I love and look up too. With that said, my heart breaks for those of you that so desperately want to become mothers. I know how much your heart breaks on this day. Know that I pray for each of you and that on this day the Lord gives you peace and comfort. I pray He blesses you with your miracle very soon!

My mom and I celebrated Mother's Day on Friday. We had a shopping day and had lunch at her favorite place, Stix. Of course my little man tagged along. Mom was so sweet...she bought me a new purse (I was in desperate need since I was carrying a brown purse in the spring/summer time) and two pairs of Yellow Box flip flops. I don't own a single pair of Yellow Box shoes. They are SO comfortable! Do y'all own any Yellow Box shoes...and what do you think about them?


I let Bryson try some of the rice...he loved it! Did you expect anything else?

After shopping and lunch we headed over to see my grandparents. It was great getting to see them and spend time with them. I love them so much and I'm very thankful that Bryson is getting the chance to get to know them. They were such a big part of my life.
My grandparents just adore Bryson.

Today was a beautiful day in the South. A little cooler than the last few days, but such a lovely day. I got the sweetest card from Bryson and Clay. It was so special. Church was amazing and I loved getting to see all the baby dedications. I believe there were 13 babies in the 11:00am service. They were all so good and well behaved.
Me and my little man!

We had lunch at Ruby Tuesday's with Clay's mom. We love there salad bar. It's one of the best in our area (that's not saying too much. ha!) It was great getting to spend time with her.

Bryson was a "hot mess", all he wanted to do was eat, eat, eat. I don't think he could get enough of the mashed potatoes. I think after trying the rice at Stix on Friday and then some of the food at Uncle Charlie's graduation party, he will never want baby food ever again :)

For dinner we headed down to see my family at my brother and sister-in-law's house. They have been in their house for about a year and we have yet to get down there to visit. isn't that terrible? My brother grilled hot dogs and hamburgers and Michele made this Buffalo Chicken dip that was out of this world. I got the recipe and will be sharing it in the future.

After dinner the kids played some Rock Band. It was the first time Clay and I had played and I'm totally addicted! I think Clay is too. The singing was my favorite part. I wasn't to good at playing the drums...those things are hard to play!
We looked like a bunch of goofballs sitting there, but it was so much fun!
Clay even did a little singing too!
Bryson sat with my dad the entire time. He just watched us look like a bunch of crazy people :)

I'm a little exhausted after such a busy day! But I wouldn't trade this day for anything.
Bryson~ you have been the joy of my life these last 9 1/2 months! My life has forever been changed with you in it. You are my miracle and I will always be thankful that the Lord has aloud me to be your mother. You are one of the sweetest little boys I know and I love you with all my heart. MaMa

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...