Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

We had a pretty low key Memorial Weekend. I worked over the weekend so we didn't get to do very much. And after on getting fours of sleep in a 38 hour period I dropped the ball on dressing the kids up today. :( I have several things planned for this week that will make up for it. 


Sunday Clay and several of the guys in our Sunday School class went to the movies and out to eat after church. I was working so Clay took the boys to my parents for the afternoon. My mom sent me this picture of Bryson in the pool. His first time in for the summer. I'm sure we'll be spending a lot of our time between my parents and Clay's parents house this summer.


Since I've been working this past week I didn't get a chance to celebrate Bryson being out of school for the summer. So today I brought him home some goodies I found at the Dollar Tree. I had planned to bring him home some doughnuts (he's been asking for some for days) and wouldn't you know they were closed today. Boo!!


I ended up making the boys orange rolls and I don't think they were too disappointed. I'm thinking about stopping by the doughnut shop again on my way home in the morning.


Jaxon hasn't been feeling too well the last few days. He has a horrible diaper rash and several little bites on his face and lip. At first I thought it might have been the chicken pox because the bites were on the back of his leg and he's been scratching them, but after a few coats of the diaper cream it's starting to look much better.


This morning Bryson wanted to get out his growing lizard that he got in his basket. He sat in our bathroom and played with some of his toys. Supposedly it gets ginormous. Clay and I think we might have to put it in the bathtub. Ha! Life with boys!!!

Tonight we went and picked up Full Moon for dinner. Of course you have to have bbq on Memorial Day. It was so delicious and their onion rings are to die for.
 
I really hated that I didn't get the boys all dressed up today. After seeing all those instagram pictures of those precious babies in their red, white and blue I was a little upset with myself. But hey it's okay, you have to give yourself grace every now and then. And there's always 4th of July! :)
 
Happy Memorial Day! Thank you to all the men and women who have proudly served our country. I can't say thank you enough for the freedom they have given us!
 
God Bless America!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...