Monday, February 4, 2013

Brysonisms

I haven't done a post like this in a while. It seems like time is going by so fast these days and I don't want to forget the funny things Bryson is saying and doing. Before I know it we'll be talking about driving, college and I don't even want to think about the subject of girls for a LONG time. Ha!


Your favorite super hero is Larryboy. You watch the dvd's all through out the day. You go around the house singing his theme song with emphasis on "I AM THAT HERO!" And before we even pull out of the driveway you are asking to listen to Larryboy.

You love to be a helper. If I'm in the kitchen you will come up to me and ask "need any help momma?" or "can I help momma?"

You love to sing! I can't wait until you are old enough to start children's choir at church. Ms. Chelsey has been coming to your MDO and teaching y'all different songs. You caught me off guard the night you came into the kitchen and started singing "Go tell it on the mountain." It melted my heart watching you.

My favorite thing you say to me or your daddy is "Momma/Daddy I've got to tell you a question." I don't have the heart to correct you because it's so precious to hear you say it. :)


Last Thursday I finished tucking you into bed and a leaned over a gave you a hug and kiss and you told me, "momma thank you for playing with me today." I told you "you're welcome Bryson!" And then you said "it was very sweet of you!" It was so sweet!!!

You LOVE to give compliments to people. When you are coloring with someone you will tell them "That's a berry nice colorin' pawpaw or daddy." I don't think you realize just yet that you are giving someone a compliment, but I pray you never forget it.


You refer to everyone as a "he" even though you know the difference in boys and girls. 

You have gotten so independent over the last several months. You like to tell us all the time that "I just try to do it by myself." It's so crazy hearing that sentence come out of your mouth. I feel like I just gave birth to you yesterday and I can't believe you are almost FOUR years old.

We get a kick out of you saying "Aye aye captain momma/daddy!" You usually say this after we have asked you to clean up your room or getting ready to go somewhere. Your daddy and I try so hard not to bust out laughing when you say it.


You have started saying "that's really cool!" if you like something. You sound so grown up saying it!

I have loved so many things you have said and done over the last several months, but nothing melted my heart more than when the other night I went in to tell you goodnight before I left for work and I prayed over you and you looked at me and said "thank you momma for praying for me." I will forever be grateful for that one moment with you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...