Saturday, February 16, 2013

Valentine's Day 2013

Our Valentine's day was pretty low key this year. I had to work the night before and the night of so Clay and I had planned to celebrate next weekend. It seems like here recently I've had to work every holiday which kinda' stinks, but that's the territory that comes with working at a hospital. And I wouldn't trade my job for anything in the world. :)

That afternoon I went and picked the boys up from Clay's grandparents house. When we got home I told Bryson to go and look in his room. I had set up their gifts in their rooms. 

He was SO excited when he saw his Valentine present. He immediately opened up the mailbox first. I had put some bubbles, box of crayons and his favorite, honey roasted cashews in it. I think he was more excited over the cashews than anything else. Ha! Once he looked over all his stuff he told me "I love all my Valentine's presents! Thank you momma for my gifts!" It just warmed my little heart to hear him say that! He's at such a sweet age right now where he is just so polite and always saying "Thank you!"

I know Jaxon could care less about his gifts right now, but he got a little teething ring in his mailbox. Bless his heart he has been so miserable over the last few weeks. Between the fevers, diarrhea, late nights, and anything else you can think of I'm about to pull my hair out. He has always been such a happy baby and to watch him be so unhappy makes me sad. Just yesterday AP wrote a post on the amber teething necklace and after reading it I might have to try it out. I'm at my whits end! I'm desperate and am willing to try anything at this point.


Clay didn't want to exchange gifts since we are planning on celebrating next weekend, so this baby letting me hold him was the perfect Valentine's Day gift!

I've never been that big on Valentine's Day. But I have to say with a house full of boys my heart just exploded with love this year (I know that probably sounds incredibly cheesy).

1 comment :

  1. Such cute shirts!!!! Looks like a fun VDay in your house =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...