Thursday, January 31, 2013

my one word

Several people have shared their "one word" for 2013 and I've gone back and forth trying to decide if it was something I wanted to do. I had never heard of it before until meredith did a post about it several weeks ago. And it got me thinking about what word I would choose for myself.

It's crazy how the Lord plants little seeds in your life that make you stop and think.

My life has been a roller coaster ride over the last seven years. And I know that I'm not the only one who has ridden on that wild and crazy roller coaster, but along the way in different circumstances my faith took a few steps backwards. And I'll be the first to tell you that I am not proud to admit that here publicly. I don't think any one of us likes to admit when we fall, but I've learned that it happens to all of us. I'm not the only sinner in the world. But oh how I feel like I am so many many times.

Lately I've been asking the Lord to strengthen my faith. Not just in those rough times, but also in my everyday life. It has come up many times in my prayer time and in the bible study I'm currently in. And I know of several situations that are coming up where I'm going to have to rely on faith to get me through.

So for 2013 I've chosen faith as my one word. Or maybe it has chosen me.

       


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...