Sunday, August 8, 2010

New Beginnings @ GFBC

I'm not sure if I've ever shared with ya'll about our church's expansion. The plans for a new church building has been in the works for years now and today will be our first service in the new building. I'm really excited about the move and the plans God has for our church! I hate that we are going to be on vacation and miss the first two weeks of services.



These are pictures of our new sanctuary



As of now we have over 8000 members with 3 services on Sunday's. With our new worship center we will be able to seat more people and will have 2 services on Sunday mornings.

There are a few minor details that will cause a few bumps for us on Sunday mornings. The nursery wing of the new building will not be completed for another 2 years, so I've been told and they do not have enough rooms for all of the Sunday School classes, so in the meantime we will be sending Bryson to the old campus (it's just a few miles away) and mine and Clay's SS class will also be meeting at the old campus.

I'm not going to lie...I have been one of those people who has been a little negative about the situation and the inconvenience that this will cause our family. I hate the thought of leaving my child in a totally different building while Clay and I are at church. But I have to realize this is just temporary. Clay and I have prayed alot about this situation and what is best for our family. And we realized that "yes" this is something we are willing to go through even if it might be a little hard at first. Eventually we will get the hang of things and eventually we will all be at the new building.

This is the new cross that is up in front of the church. There are alot of people who weren't wild about the cross going up. Some thought it was a bit extravagant. I think it's beautiful!

We have made such wonderful friendships at Gardendale and that is something we would hate to give up. The ministry opportunities they offer are amazing! I truly hope this is where God leads us to stay. I am so excited for what's in store in the future for our church.

2 comments :

  1. What a beautiful new church!!! Wow!!! Surely outdoes mine. :) Nothing like worshipping around TONS of people. It's enlightening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer! This is Mandy-I ran into you a few weeks back at church! I have not updated my blog in forever-just so busy! I will try to update soon. It was nice meeting you-I know I totally sounded like I was a blog stalker-but I cant believe I finally met you-I thought you came to GFBC. Our babies are in the same nursery! See you soon-maybe tomorrow night!
    AWESOME AUGUST!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...