Monday, August 9, 2010

And We're Walkin'...Well We're Tryin'

So I can't remember if I told ya'll that Bryson's doctor told us we had to take his walker away when we were at his one year check-up. Her reason was that she thought he would associate walking with sitting down. It makes sense when you think about it, but oh my this momma needs a little rest! All we do all day long is walk around the house. I really do enjoy walking with him, however my back isn't always happy. I feel so sorry for him that we had to take his walker away because it was something he enjoyed very much!


Bless his heart, he wants to walk on his own so bad, but just hasn't gotten the whole balance thing down yet. I get VERY nervous when I try and let him stand on his own, not because I don't want him to fall, but it's how he falls. Every time he falls he goes straight back. He rarely falls sitting on his bottom (not sure if that is because he never crawled on his knees???). He's getting better though.


In some way I feel like it is my fault that he doesn't crawl and can't stand up on his own yet. I ask myself all the time, did I hold him to much, was there something I forgot to do that I should have done, is there something that I can do to help him? I just feel so bad for him and I blame myself alot of the time. I know that I'm a good momma! People tell me all the time what a sweet, happy, loving little boy I have! But as his momma I still can't help but wonder...that's what momma's do. We wouldn't be good ones if we didn't care.


It's funny when he walks with me he wants me to hold both of his hands, but when he's with Clay he'll walk holding just one of his hands. Not sure what that's all about, I just thought it was funny how he's different with us.


He's getting better everyday! I know he'll walk when he's good and ready and I'm sure I'll look back at this post one day and wish he was still sitting and not tearing my house to pieces. Hahaha!!!

3 comments :

  1. You are a GREAT Momma!! He will walk and run and take off and you will chase that boy EVERYWHERE!!! =) Just you wait!

    Oh the Momma guilt is tough, isn't it!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's the face I love to see! He looks like he's having fun walking around with you and he's got that beautiful smile back on his face! Love It! I still think y'all are doing a great job as Momma and Daddy. Just keep in mind that no two kids develop at exactly the same rate. Some do one thing sooner, but they are slower with other things. I do agree that you are just being a good Momma when you worry - we would worry about you if you did not worry about him :) Keep it up and remember - he'll be chasing you around the house before too much longer! Love to You, Clay and Bryson!!
    Dad (a.k.a. GrandPa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetie!! He'll be walking soon (and he'll be into EVERYTHING) :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...