Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

happy thanksgiving everybody!! i can't wait to get home today and watch the macy's thanksgiving day parade. it is one of the highlights of the holiday. well since today is a day of thanks i thought i would share a few things that i am thankful for...

1. my husband...God has truly blessed me with an amazing man. he has such a sweet spirit and he brings so much laughter to my life. i could not ask for a better man.

2. my family (this includes the in-laws)...what can i say, i have a wonderful family. they have been a great support system for clay and i over the last two+ years. we have learned so much from them. i really look forward to this time of year and the chance to get together with all of them. it's a great time of fellowship and laughter.

3. my grandmother's dressing and pecan pie...my grandmother makes the BEST dressing and pecan pie. i literally indulge myself when it comes to her cooking. it is another highlight of thanksgiving for me. and i hate that i am going to miss out on it this year.

4. my friends...there are no words to express what a great group of friends i have. they have been my shoulder to cry on for the last year. i could not ask for a better group of girls. each one has blessed my life and i don't know how i could ever repay them. they have been there thru it all and i thank God everyday for their friendship!!

5. my job...during this stressful time with the economy, i am blessed to have a wonderful job. i can't tell you the number of blessings that i have received since being here. i complain ALOT about the hours that i work, but to watch God work so many miracles in these children's lives is worth it all.


i hope everyone has a wonderful and safe thanksgiving!! can't wait to put up the Christmas decorations in a few days:)

1 comment :

  1. You do have so much to be thankful for. And I must comment on your previous post too....I have been there so many times and feel as if I am out of words for my prayers. I hate to continuously pray for the same thing over and over again...sometimes I feel like God is tired of hearing that same prayer. But, the desire is still in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...