Monday, August 19, 2013

Gulf Shores 2013

I was ecstatic when it came to planning our beach trip this year! Last year was the first year we had not been since Bryson was a year old and Clay and I were really looking forward to this years trip.

We always stay in Gulf Shores, AL. That's where we both grew up vacationing with our families. It's familiar and very family friendly. And of course it has some GREAT places to eat! We stayed at The Lighthouse again this year. We really enjoy staying there. They have 2 pools and one has a zero entry which Bryson loves!!

This year is one I will never forget. We made some incrediable memories that I will cherish forever. :) And I know each year will just get better and better. We let Bryson stay up late and even miss a few naps. Ha! We watched movies and took walks on the beach at night. It was really a wonderful vacation!!

Bryson was in love with the beach. The first day we got out there he plopped right in the sand and started playing with his sand toys. I couldn't believe it. Two years ago he wasn't a big fan of the sand or the ocean. It was amazing to see the difference a couple of years makes. We went "crabbin'" one night and oh my goodness what a memory that will be to remember. I think his favorite thing to do was looking for seashells or what he liked to call "seashellin'" :)
 
Jaxon did surprisingly well. I laid some blankets down under the tent and he played, watched movies, snacked, and took a few naps. I think as long as he was snacking he was good! He wasn't to fond of walking on the beach. But he liked it when Clay or I would take him out in the ocean. I know in the years to come he will enjoy it more.
 
We took the boys out on the pier our last night. Bryson loved seeing the fish all the people were catching. As long as I've been going to Gulf Shores I don't think I've ever gone out on the pier. I think it will be fun to take the boys out there when their a bit older and let them fish.

We got to eat out at several of our favorite places. It's always a staple for us to eat out for breakfast one day and several nights during the week. I'm not into cooking while I'm on vacation. :)

I hated packing up and coming back home. When you're on vacation you seem to forget about the chaos of the everyday life. Or at least I do. Worries seem to fade away and you seem to just enjoy the simple things.  

This was a vacation that will go down in the books as one of my favorites to date. I had no idea we would have such a great time as a family. I remember telling myself to "be in the moment" and not to worry about capturing each memory in pictures.  
 
I can only imagine what the years to come will look like. It gets me excited and looking forward to planning future vacations.  
 

Until next year....


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...