Tuesday, August 13, 2013

1st Day of Preschool

 
I didn't realize how difficult today was going to be. I had been dreading this day for weeks. I think sending off your child for his/her first day of school is hard for any mama! I honestly can't find the words to say today. I found this poem the other day and I thought it was perfect...
 
 
 
A Mother's 1st Day of School Prayer
 
I wonder what you’re doing now,
And if everyone is treating you kind.
I hope there is a special person,
A nice friend that you can find.
 
I wonder if the teacher knows,
Just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
Is something she can see.
 
I wonder if you are thinking about me,
And if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
And how you give my leg a tug.
 
I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks
For this is the first step in letting you go.
(source: via pinterest)
 
 
Bryson~
       
     Today was a hard day for me. It made me realize that I cannot stop you from growing up as much as I would love to put a brick on your head and freeze time. But when I asked you this morning on our way to school if you were scared or nervous you looked at me so confidently and said "no mama!" I knew right then you were going to be okay. I'm not going to lie, I kinda' did an ugly cry after dropping you off. I think it was more for me though. I'm really going to miss you being at home those extra two days. But I know you are going to learn so much and make lots of new friends. I'm already so proud of you sweet boy! God has big plans for you!!!
~ i love you to infinity and beyond ~ Mama 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...