Wednesday, June 19, 2013

52 weeks of blogging with a purpose: who am i



Who am I? By nature I'm a caregiver. Ever since I was a little girl I've always had a heart for others hence the reason why I went into nursing as a profession. I love my job and I love taking care of my patients as well as their families. But I'm also much more than just my professional job...

I'm a mama...to two beautiful boys that I love with every inch of who I am! I am a mama who would lay down her life for them. A mama who loves taking care of them. And wants the very best for them and wants to see them dream BIG dreams and fulfill them. They are what makes me want to be better each and every day.

I am a wife...not the best one at times, but it's always a work in progress right? ;) I love and adore my husband! I thank God every day for blessing me with my soul mate. Clay and I have been through a lot in our 10 years together. He has seen me at my worst and I've seen him at his, but through it all we've grown closer together. I long for us to grow old together one day. I want to be a wife that he adores and respects. He's my best friend and I love him more and more everyday!!

I'm a daughter & sister...that doesn't spend near as much time as I should with my family. If I'm being honest, it's hard to find the time after working at night and then coming home to take care of my family to see my parents and brother. I know I need to make a better effort to spend time with them. My parents are so understanding of my schedule and have been there when I needed them. For that I am grateful and also undeserving.

I'm a friend...a terrible one at that. I'm horrible about returning phone calls and texts and emails. But I love my friends like they were my sisters! If they ever needed anything I would be right there in a second!!          

I'm a sinner....saved by grace!!!! I fall short so many times each day. I don't deserve the blessing my God has given me. Since becoming a mother I desire for my boys to KNOW the love of Jesus Christ! I want them to see that in me. I'm at a point in my life where this desire is on my heart almost every second of the day. If I'm not remembered for anything else, I want to be remembered that I loved the Lord with every part of who I am. That I was faithful when God asked me to be. Those are the things matter the most. I want my family to see Jesus in me.

I'm sure there are several other things I could list about who I am. But when it all comes down to it, I'm just Jennifer. The mother, the wife, the Christian, the daughter, sister, the friend that God designed. I am someone that needs to give myself grace every now and then. And not sweat the small stuff.

I am a work in progress.....


So excited about this new blog series Becky is doing entitled 52 weeks of blogging with purpose. Be sure to check out her blog each week for a new link up!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...