Monday, June 24, 2013

10 things I live for or can't live without: blogging with a purpose

Making Memories. There is nothing I want to do more than to make memories with my family. I love spontaneously taking the boys out for ice cream or letting Bryson stay up past his bedtime just because. Taking them out to do something for the "first" time. I want my boys to remember back to their childhood as being fun. I want to create family traditions that they will want to pass down to their children one day.   

Quality Time. Clay will tell you that's my "love language." And he would be right! I love getting to spend one on one time with him. We don't have to talk to each other. Just him sitting next to me on the couch while we watch TV or going for a walk with the boys around the neighborhood. My love tank is always full when we have spent time with each other.

Taking Pictures. For as long as I can remember I have loved taking pictures. Being able to freeze a moment a memory in time, there's just something I love about it.

Laughing. My husband can make me laugh like no one else. And I talking about the kind that makes you double over and cry tears and maybe even let out a snort. ;) He has that gift!!!

Music. Any kind in any form. It's something I have loved since I was a little girl. Both my parents love music and I'm sure that's where I get it from. Music was always playing in my house growing up. There's something about hearing a song and it stirring up a memory. Like James Taylor's How Sweet it is to be Loved By You, reminds me of the day we got married. It was playing as we came walking down the aisle.

My Salvation. I'm no where near where I want to be in my walk with the Lord. As a Christian it's a struggle every day. But I am so thankful for grace and that Jesus doesn't expect me to be perfect all the time (or any of the time for that matter). I don't know how I would make it through this life without my salvation and knowing that I can call on Jesus at any time.

Being a great wife. I am so blessed to be in this role. I want to be a wife that my husband is proud of. I want to have a marriage our boys look up too and want for themselves.


Being a wonderful mother. It's what I was called to do. I love my boys with every inch of who I am. I live for the days that my boys tell me how proud they are of me. That they hope to find a wife as good as their mother. I want them to see the love I have for their daddy and know that's what real love is. I want them to see me live out my faith and that I trusted in God with every detail of my life.

My iPhone. I know this one sounds silly, but if it wasn't for my iPhone, I wouldn't have half the pictures and memories to look back on.

Lazy Summer days. Now that Clay is teaching, 9 months out of the year we don't get to spend near as much time together as a family. I have come to look forward to the summer time because there's no football and basketball practice. No late nights getting home from games or faculty meetings. During the summer we get to spend every moment together as a family of four. We get to make memories together.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...