Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Do You Have a Song?

This past Sunday at our church during the alter call our pastor made the comment that we all have a song. Each of us has a song that speaks to us during difficult times that we will cling too. My song is probably different that yours. It got me thinking about "my song." I immediately thought of Matt Redman's 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord). I remember when I first heard this song on the radio of our local Christian station. It just seemed like the perfect worship song to sing in the good times and the bad. I have played this song hundreds of times when I've been going through a difficult time and even when I haven't had the words to pray. This song has been a blessing to me.

I want this song to become the anthem for my life. In the very first verse he talks about waking up in the morning and singing your song. And though things might get a little bumpy along the way during your day that you'll still be singing your song "when the evening comes." Oh how I want that to be the picture of my life! 

When my time has come this will be the song I will sing before the Lord! Do you have a song? If not I encourage you to find one. Hey, even pray about it and ask the Lord to lay on your heart a song for you. Trust me when I tell you, you'll cling to it when there's a bump in the road or when you're just not sure what to pray.


10,00 Reasons (Bless the Lord) lyrics

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...