Monday, August 13, 2012

So Long Summer



So I know summer isn't officially over, but it has come to an end for us. We started back to school today! Bryson was really excited to get back and so was mommy. Ha! He was ready to see all his friends and his teachers. That's all he's talked about the last two weeks.

I got a head start last night and packed B's lunch and his bag for school. We had to add several things this go round. I packed a few extra clothes since we are potty training. I was nervous about him going back and not being 100% potty trained, but Amanda said he did great and the first thing he told me when I went to pick him up was that he tee-tee'd in the potty at school. :) And of course the proud momma in me stopped on the way home and got him a vanilla milkshake.

It was a little weird when I got back home after dropping Bryson off to only see this little man. It's been four long months since I've had just one and years since I've had one this small all to myself. I love my big boy, but I think I'm going to enjoy getting to spend a few hours of alone time with this little guy.

Do you think he missed his little brother?

I can't believe we are starting another year of school. It won't be too long before he'll be starting pre-school and then he'll be off to "big" school. Although I love getting just a short break to get things done around the house, I know one day I'm going to miss his sweet face asking me to watch another episode of "Octonauts" or listening to him play with Lightening McQueen and Mater. I am so blessed to get to spend so much time with the boys. Heaven knows what I'll do when they are both gone off to school.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...