Sunday, August 12, 2012

Let it Rain



We finally made it to church today for the first time as a family of FOUR! It's been almost six months since I've been (bed rest, arrival of Jaxon and recovering from the broken ankle) and WOW what a powerful and moving service!

We had 8 baptisms in our service and in the prior service had a lady that was 84 years old baptized! What an awesome God we serve!

Lately I've talked about what a roller coaster ride of emotions our family has been on and this past week we experienced it again. But y'all, while Clay and I have been on that roller coaster the Lord has shown Himself in ways I have never experienced Him before! This last week God has reminded us that he is in control! That no matter what storms we face He will see us through. When we feel like giving up He rains down His grace and mercy and shows us just how powerful He is.

Today was Jaxon's first time going to church and he did so well! I dropped him off in the nursery and even though I've been there before with Bryson it broke my heart to leave him. But the ladies loved him and said he did great!

Mark 11:24 has been our family verse over the last few weeks. And I can truly tell you I have watched that verse come to life. We serve a MIGHTY and BIG God! I don't always understand His ways, but I know He is watching over us and will always have our best interest at heart.

At the end of the service we sang this short eleven word verse and what power those eleven words had on my heart today.

Let it rain, let it rain
Open the floodgates of heaven. 

Happy Sunday Y'all!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...