Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012...the one I'll never forget!!!

Wow! What a day this has been. I don't even know where to start. The morning started out pretty good. I decided since I had a good appointment on Wednesday and I was off of bedrest that I would go to church with my family. This would be our last trip to church as a family of three since I knew I would be induced on Friday. We all got ready for church and Bryson looked so stinkin' cute in his outfit. I loved the outfit I got for him. He was so handsome and so was my hubby. I can't tell y'all how proud I am to have these two men in my lives. I am so blessed!!

We get to church and that's where it goes down hill. Clay got Bryson out of the car and I was walking next to them. We get to this part of the parking lot where there is a small slope of grass and it was wet and that's when I tripped. In the moment I knew I was about to fall so I all knew was that I needed to break my fall so that I wouldn't hit my stomach or my head and so I ended up taking my right leg and swinging it behind my hiney and that's when I heard my ankle pop as I landed. Sorry if that's TMI. Thankfully there was another family walking a few feet away from us and saw it all happen and they quickly came over to help. I am so thankful they were there! Their daughter got Bryson from Clay and took him to the nursery for us that way he couldn't see what was going on. I was so proud of him because he was such a big boy through all of it. He never once got upset; he just told everybody that his momma hurt her foot.

I ended up having to go to the hospital by ambulance. Can I say how completely embarrassed I was!When we got to the ER they gave me some pain medicine and listened to the baby's heartbeat. Thankfully Jaxon was okay and then they set my foot back in place. Can I say "holy moly!" I've never broken anything in my life and nothing could have prepared me for that! The ER doctor consulted with the Ortho and OB doc and their recommendation was for me to go home and contact Dr H tomorrow morning. The reason they did not do surgery right then was the risk of me having a blood clot and since I was pregnant the risk of losing alot of blood during delivery.

Putting on a brave face for the camera. My mom kept telling me this was great blogging material. Ha!

I was so thankful that my SIL Jessica took a few pictures of Bryson in his Easter outfit since I didn't get a chance. Thankfully my FIL and MIL were able to pick B up from our church and he went with them to their church and hunted Easter eggs and got to play with his cousin Owen. Nana said he had a really good time. But it broke my heart when my FIL told us that when he went to go pick B up he told them that "mommy hurt her foot, but she's going to be okay."  I can't explain to y'all how brave I thought he was today.

Since we didn't have time this morning or after church, when Clay and I got home we let Bryson open up his Easter basket. He was happy about all the things he got!

 
This was definately not the Easter I had planned. But I know the Lord has a plan through all of this and He knows what's in our best interest. Hope y'all had a wonderful Easter!

Jesus is risen today!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...