Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall Friday Recipe

The recipe for this week I've only tried out twice.

Fried Potatoes and Onions.

It's one of my favorite side dishes from Lambert's Cafe. I'm still tyring to perfect it, so if y'all have any suggestions, please let me know. I don't have very many pics this time. But this recipe is pretty simple.

Ingredients
  • 4-6 medium potatoes
  • 1 large onion
  • 1/8 cup cooking oil
  • couple tablespoons butter
  • salt and pepper


Wash and peel both potatoes and onion. Slice potatoes to whatever thinness/thickness you like. I cut mine somewhere in between.


I like to cut my onions in a half moon shape.

Next heat up your oil and butter into a skillet on medium heat. I wish I had a iron skillet to use with this recipe, but mine is to small and used more for cooking cornbread, which by the way I have never attempted in my life. Ha!

And I'll admit that I'm alot like Paula Deen when it comes to the butter, I just use however much I feel is necessary. Probably a little more than I should.

Place your potatoes in first and cover with a lid. Let them cook for about 15-20 minutes on medium heat turning them occasionally. You want them to get fork tender.

Once your potatoes get tender put in your onions. Let them cook for about 5-10 minutes. This is where I will add my salt and pepper.


After you've let your onions cook. Turn the heat up to medium high and let your potatoes get brown on the outside and crisp up.

This is probably not the most healthy side dish, but oh it's so delicious!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...