Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Getaway

Well - we had a wonderful weekend!



My in-laws took Bryson on an overnight trip to visit my SIL and her husband in TN. This was kinda' planned last minute. Bryson hasn't seen his Aunt Geca (that's how he pronounces Erica) in awhile and I knew she would be just ecstatic to see him! This would also be the first time he has ever spent the night away where he hasn't been a least 15 minutes nearby. It was so funny...after I buckled him up in his car seat to leave he looked at me and said "bye momma!"...break my heart. Of course I immediately demanded that he give me a kiss and at least act like he was going to miss me. Ha!

Here are a few pictures from his trip...




I can't get this child to eat meat to save my life...Nana sent me this via text message and said "He's eating chicken!" Oh, that boy!!!


Aunt Geca insisted that Bryson sleep with her! Bless his heart...look how tired that baby looks.


Bryson and Pawpaw reading. This is something Bryson likes to do every morning after he gets out of bed.


I thought this picture was so adorable :)

So while Bryson was gone on Friday night, Clay and I made plans to go out to eat and to the movies, but that never happened. Once I got out of the shower and started getting ready we just decided to get take out from Full Moon and hang out at the house and catch up on our DVR. Sometimes it's just nice to stay at home.

I had been looking forward to Saturday for weeks. Several of the girls in our SS class received gift cards from our husbands on Valentine's Day for a massage and dinner. All five of us got together and went as a group for a "girl's day out" and it was amazing!

Our massages were at the Ross Bridge Spa and Resort. Clay and I stayed here on our wedding night and it was so beautiful. We've also been to several golf tournaments here. This place is wonderful and I would love to spend the weekend here laying out by the pool while Clay plays a round of golf!

The massage was great and very relaxing. The girls and I decided that this needs to be a ritual, so we were going to go ahead and talk to the husbands about saving up for next years trip. Ha!!

After our we pampered ourselves for a few hours, we had dinner at J. Alexander's. This was my first time at this restaurant and it was delicious! Kristie and I split the spinach dip appetizer and the crab cakes and fries. Oh my heavens ya'll...what good food! Clay and I will definitely be visiting here in the future.

We had a wonderful day at church this morning and just finished up watching the Selection Show for the NCAA basketball tournament. If ya'll been following my blog, you know that this is one of my favorite times of the year :)

Hope ya'll are having a wonderful Sunday!


1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...