Thursday, March 24, 2011

New Tradition

My mom was so sweet enough to keep Bryson for a little while so I could get a few things done around the house. It's spring time and I was in the mood to do a LITTLE spring cleaning! Plus I thought earlier in the week, the girls from prayer group would be at my house and I wanted it to at least look somewhat clutter free and not like Toy's R Us just threw up in my living room! HA!!

After we had breakfast and took a bath I got B ready and took him over to my mom's. My dad was home (he works evening shift) and I was excited that he would be able to spend some time with the little man before he had to leave for work.

I can't tell ya'll how blessed I am to have family so close by. They have been a tremendous help over the last 20 months! I am so grateful to them and I truly believe Bryson has learned so much from them. I can never say thank you enough!

At some point in the afternoon my mom called and asked if Bryson could go out to eat dinner with them. Of course I was fine with it, but a little confused since I thought my dad was supposed to be at work. That's when my mom precedes to tell me today was their anniversary and my dad decided to take off work! Oh my words...ya'll I completely forgot today was my parents' 24th anniversary and here they were spending it with their grandson. But my parents were excited to have him and take him out to dinner :)

This was Bryson getting to taste some chocolate pie with his passy!

Isn't that hilarious? I was actually on the phone with my mom while all of this was going on. They were laughing hysterically at how excited Bryson was getting over this pie!

How sweet is that face? Oh, I could just eat him up!!

Of course you can't take your grandson out without going into some store and buying him something. No, Bryson did not come home with this hat, but after looking at this picture I kinda' wished my mom would have bought it.

Pawpaw and Bryson

When my parents dropped Bryson home they were all smiles and my mom said they had the BEST TIME! She told me he counted for them and kept them entertained the entire day. She even mentioned making this their anniversary tradition!

My baby is so lucky to have so many people who love and care so much for him!

2 comments :

  1. I love it :)! He is getting so big! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that is a sweet tradition! Grandparents are the best and as a parent nothing makes you happier than to see your parents loving on your kids:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...