Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Love my Job!

I have been a pediatric RN for the last 3 1/2 years. I LOVE what I do and I am very blessed to be a part of so many children's lives. I enjoy the people I work with and wouldn't trade this job for anything...other than getting the chance to be a SAHM :) It never fails that God will show me something to apply to my life or just how real He is when I'm here. Other than being a mother to the most precious little boy, I know this is exactly where the Lord wants me to be.

I've been working some overtime lately and have gotten the chance to see what goes on around the hospital during the day. Working night shift our patients usually sleep, so we don't get to see them up and around and doing various activities within the hospital. Well today I got to see just one of the many things that the hospital has going on. Wells Fargo is coming to the state of Alabama and is replacing one of the bigger banks in our area. So today they came to the hospital with a Stagecoach and horses for the children to ride.

This was the Wells Fargo tractor trailer truck outside the hospital that carries the horses around.

As I was leaving to head home I walked outside and took several pics of these horses. Y'all they were so beautiful! I guess I could have gotten closer, but I didn't want to look like a crazy person snapping pictures. HA!!



These last two pictures I took from upstairs in the lobby. They had the circle blocked off so they could ride the children around. It looked like alot of fun and I know several of the children REALLY enjoyed themselves :)

Alot of the time I complain about working (mostly on my facebook status and to my husband on Monday evenings when I know I'm about to have to start my work week), but I really am blessed to have this amazing job! And instead of complaining I should be thankful for this opportunity and look for the things that God is trying to teach me while I'm here.

2 comments :

  1. That is soooooooooooo cool!!! That is the neatest thing, seriously!!! And, your job is really cool too! I had no idea you were a pediatric RN. What a wonderful and rewarding job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was SUCH a fun event to pull off- I love planning these things for out kiddos- they also donated $40,000 to the hospital!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...