Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Getting Real

I was first introduced to Chapter's when Kelly Stamps started the prayer blog a few years ago for women waiting on a child and women waiting on a husband. I've been following her blog and praying for her ever since.

Yesterday, Amy shared in a post how God can change your life in the blink of an eye. She was hoping to encourage someone and would like for other's to join her and share their encouraging story. You can link up your story or find other encouraging stories @ http://www.dustyandamy.com/

Some of y'all know my story. My entire life growing up all I wanted to do was get married and have a family. The marriage part came pretty early. I started dating my husband Clay in 2003 and we got married in June 2006.


We had known each other our entire lives (literally) and after 3 months we decided to start trying to have a family. That began our more than two years of trying to conceive through drugs, surgery's, a miscarriage, IUI's, and in September of 2008 being told that we only had 3 more chances with IUI then after that our only option would be IVF.

Clay and I had known from the start that IVF would not be an option for us. Not long after we got married, Clay had to get out of his trucking business due to the bad economy and decided to go back to school to start on a college degree. Coming out of the doctor's office that day, we were broken. That day we decided we would begin to pray with each other as husband and wife and not as individuals. Our prayer was for God's will, not ours and that whatever the outcome - we would accept God's plan. On July 21st, 2009 I gave birth to a precious baby boy. God changed our lives in an instant and I don't know why He chose to bless us, but I am so very thankful!


I hope that whatever you are struggling with that you will find encouragement today. One of my favorite verses during this time was Proverbs 3:5 "LEAN on, TRUST in, and be CONFIDENT in the Lord with all your heart and mind."

4 comments :

  1. I'm so thankful for your story...it really does give me hope. What you said about IVF not being an option is totally how we feel, financially and emotionally. We can't afford it and I couldn't handle the stress of it.

    Btw, I LOVE that picture of B. He reminds me of a Precious Moments with that straight hair and those little almond, shaped eyes. SO stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, what a wonderful story!!!! I love how you prayed TOGETHER as husband and wife, rather than individually. I bet that was really uniting. You are an inspiration and you have the cutest boy as living proof that God listens, He knows our hearts and desires and He will bless those who wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't wait to find that out either!!! :)!!! i have a little girl outfit and a little boy outfit laid out right now to put in my go-bag and some neutral ones for while we are there! i'm so excited! they are sooooo tiny and cute!! i want to see what baby filly looks like!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...