Sunday, February 14, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up

IT SNOWED IN ALABAMA ON FRIDAY!!!

Please excuse the pink socks...ha! I couldn't believe it actually snowed in Alabama on Friday. I think its been almost a year since we've had this much snow. And the rumor is it's going to snow again tonight. I'm so excited!!! I wish very much that Bryson was old enough to play in it. Surely it will snow again at some point in his lifetime. As you can see we aren't really dressed for the snow. Since it's rare here, I've never thought to much about buying Bryson one of those cute puffer coats! They are SO cute, but I didn't think we would get our money out of it.

It was so nice to see the snow! I'm hoping if it snow's again tonight I will try and make snow ice cream before I leave for work tomorrow afternoon. That would be a great pick me up to start my week off.

If you read my friend Mary's blog then you might have seen where we went to the Black Eyed Peas concert on Saturday night. OMGoodness...what a great concert. I don't think I've sang that loud in a long time. I might be getting a little to old of these types of concerts. My legs and arms were a little sore this morning...ha!!!

Before the concert we ate at Newk's Cafe. Yummy is all I have to say about that. Okay, so I'm not even going to waste my time typing and telling ya'll who opened up for them. All I have to say is horrible, terrible, and weird. And what's was even crazier were the mothers that brought their children (underage might I add) to this concert. REALLY???

They put on an amazing concert. I had forgotten some of their old stuff like...Where Is The Love...Fergalicious...Glamorous...Big Girls Don't Cry...and Let's Get It Started! Fergie and Will.i.am were by far my favorite. They ended the show with Boom Boom Pow and Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night...and it was a great night. Thanks Mary!! Had a blast!!!

Happy Valentine's Day to my little sweetheart. This is his first Valentine's and I didn't go too overboard. Clay picked him out this cute little dog in the picture and I also got him a Veggie Tales DVD. Simple and sweet this year.

Clay and I celebrated Valentine's Day on Friday. He surprised me with dinner at the Melting Pot. So Bryson got to stay with Nana and PawPaw for a little while. I think they really enjoyed seeing him. The dinner was delicious. The cheese fondue, ceasar salad, and chocolate fondue were amazing. We didn't care too much for the main coarse. But the chocolate, heaven on earth. Those marshmallows that were coated in oreo cookie and graham crackers were my fav. I think will definitely go back just for the chocolate!!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!


3 comments :

  1. Mmmm...that chocolate sounded amazing!

    Sounds like a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! I love your pics, so clear! It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for snow! We got some as well and I'm with you, not huge ski jackets for Savi, wouldn't get our money near worth out of it. How fun to go to that concert, I was thinking about going when they came here. Who opened? I haven't heard??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...